Furniture Design Update February 15 2019

 For my furniture project I'm currently testing a material pattern that's feather like and can be assembled and disassembled as needed.

The nodes below is a second iterations (and much better organized) of my first attempt which had a lot of issues with the bottom being elevated from the printer bed since I didn't properly level the bottom of the model, with this I made the parameters much more relative to the structure so as I increase the radius of a branch the nodes automatically raise or lower it so that the branch is pipped against the floor of the print bed. This second iteration similar to all my other code is a lot more efficient and readible. If I change the diameter or length of any component, the main trunk, branches, or barbules they'll adjust relative to eachother so it takes a lot less nodes and is a lot more streamlined for creating different iterations.

An issue I was having with this model was actually I was exporting it too small. I figured that I could simply take the extrusion amount of 0.15mm and simply model the pipes around that but it seems that it simply wouldn't register on the Prusa software until I upscaled it to around 1.5mm diameter which shouldn't' cause any issues with the design.




This was the iterations not the one shown above, the new ones haven't been retrieved from the printers.

In terms of design I'm thinking this can serve the function of a light based structures like lamps or blinds, another option is making furniture with crossbeams having the unique properties of tensile strength with and breakability of this component. There's also the option of having components slide and move according to a design, I think I'll try that, maybe a lamp that folds in different ways or can reorganize it's own structure.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Furniture Final